Anna, Viktoria and Kai talk about leadership, team development and the success factors to bring Data Science from playground to implementation.
Anna is a Domain Owner of Data Science at Metro.digital – an IT devision of METRO AG – driving the story of data science within the whole Metro business. Previous to this position, being a product owner, Anna guided five recommender systems to their success. This journey included transition to cloud, introduction of agile working principles, and the most important – the step from PoC to live products. Before recommender systems, Anna focused on robotics and smart logistics at Zalando SE. As a product manager, she was responsible for warehouse automation with bagsorter system, which included transition to cloud, third party integration, negotiation and planning of constructional and IT interplay. Anna has a strong empathy for the owned products and their users and believes you have to love what you do!
Here’s what you can take away from the episode:
- Why the combination of Data Science and Product Management is so important
- Why a data science leader must speak and understand the tech and business language
- Play time is over – organizational requirements for companies to really get it on the road
- Team setup, roles and collaboration
- Starting and entering the Data Science world
- Women in Data Science
Mentioned in today’s episode:
- Anna Hannemann
- BI or DIE Folge 59. Power BI, Data und AI – Im Gespräch mit Ekrem Namazci, Microsoft
- BI or DIE Live – „Product Management in Data Science“ mit Dr. Anna Hannemann
You can listen to and subscribe to the podcast here:
Apple Podcast | Spotify | Google Podcast | Deezer
Follow us on Instagram & Twitter:
reportingimpulse | dashboardheroes | BI_or_DIE | team_reporting
Watch the stream to this episode:
Get in contact on LinkedIn:
You liked this episode? Then please give us a quick iTunes-review!
Which questions should we ask next? Which interview partners would you like to hear? Please write us an email email@example.com, via Twitter or get in direct contact with us!